[tex-live] Fontspec overriding default paper size with LuaTeX

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 26 18:44:50 CEST 2016

Am Thu, 26 May 2016 18:13:42 +0200 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> So I would have expected that, when the user specifies nothing,
> then LaTeX remains neutral on the matter and just lets the paper
> size be as specified by the engine/driver settings.

LaTeX is neutral -- the class is not. If you would use a koma class
you would get A4 as default. A class has to setup a layout and it
rather difficult how it should do it without defining a default
layout. The default for article is letter, and so you should specify
a4paper if don't want it -- better for the margins anyway.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/