[tex-live] luaotfload not in latex-recommended

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Mon May 16 10:12:04 CEST 2016

Hi,

for some reason I tried the basic scheme.

One can already use lualatex on sample2e. There is no fontspec
thus I installed the collection latex-recommended.

But one can not use lualatex on a document using fontspec
because luaotfload is not part of latex-recommended.

I needed to install

luaotfload
lualibs
luatex-def

and xunicode

which is a dependency of fontspec-luatex.sty.

I thus wonder why is fontspec in latex-recommended, I thought
perhaps for use with xelatex ? but then I realized that xelatex
is not available,  contrarily to lualatex, from having installed
only basic + latex-recommended.

(lualatex is there already from basic)

It thus appears that if fontspec is included in latex-recommended
then also luaotfload, lualibs, luatex-def and xunicode should be
because they are dependencies of fontspec under lualatex, and
one basic+latex-recommended as such does not provide xelatex
which is the other thing one could use with fontspec.

Best,

Jean-François