[tex-live] Pretest tlmgr downloads fail

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sun May 15 09:09:58 CEST 2016

Hi

I have seen such report also on mactex list .. are you using mactex?

I cannot reproduce it, and I am surprised about the error:
This is
      my $filesize = (stat $xzfile)[7];
and that means that
      stat
did not work, which is *strange* ... also the changes I made to
TLUtils are unrelated, namely only replacing some temp  file
invocations.

Can anyone of you who can reproduce this problem (I cannot!!!)
copy the attached TLUtils.pm into the respective location
and then run
      tlmgr update -v biblatex-apa
(or any other package that needs updates) and send me the output?

That would help.

THanks

Norbert