[tex-live] tl-install of 2016-pretest: litter in /tmp

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat May 14 17:42:32 CEST 2016

Hi,

/tmp is not a good place, in some Linux distros /tmp lives in tmpfs which
is a small and expensive place. If they are not removed immediately after
use, they may cause problems. Before I bought a new computer with a lot of
memory, I modified the unit file to limit /tmp to 256MB, now the limit is
1GB. /var/tmp will probably be better if a lot of temporary files should
live for a longer period of time.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz