[tex-live] 3.4.4 System font configuration for XeTEX and LuaTEX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat May 14 09:37:35 CEST 2016

>     because in recent years I don't think that was the case.
> I suppose you're right.  I'll have to ask about what can be sensibly
> said instead.  Thanks.
>     Else one must use filenames, or fontspec with ExternalLocation
> Well, that's preferable anyway :).  --karl

As I remember, someone has already mentioned that the font instructions for
Mac OSX are wrong. I do not have Mac so I cannot try whether it is really
necessary to copy the fonts, maybe the symlink would be sufficient. And I
do not know whether the font files must be symlinked, maybe just the parent
directory may be symlinked. I do not know whether Mac can look for fonts
into subdirectories.

Zdeněk Wagner