[tex-live] tlmgr-gui.exe crashes on XP

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Tue May 10 06:52:00 CEST 2016

Uwe Ziegenhagen <ziegenhagen at gmail.com> writes:

> The TeX Live manual says that it may or may not work on Windows 2000
> and XP, [...]

Well, perhaps that's mentioned like this somewhere -- I couldn't find it
on the quick, but rather:

,----[ 1.2 Operating system support ]
| As to Windows: Windows XP and later are supported. Windows 2000 will
| probably still mostly work.
`----

And I verfied that tlmgr-gui.exe runs without problems in TL15 final. So
perhaps the culprit is just an unnecessary change that can be reverted?

> Everything below Windows 7 is legacy OS and should not be used
> anymore.

Agreed. But in some (maybe rare) cases that's easier said than done.

--
Uwe