[tex-live] Pretest: perl coredumps

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun May 8 02:36:02 CEST 2016

On Sun, 08 May 2016, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hmm, as far as I see before all the exits there is a
> 	$mw->destroy
> so that should not be a problem ... very puzzling.

So I found that indeed Tk::exit should be used. But since we
are doing
	use Tk;
the normal exit should be Tk::exit.

I found one instance where the exit is forwarded to the tlmgr code base:
  # also delete the main window before we kill the process to
  # make sure that Tk is happy (segfault on cmd line, email Taco)
  $mw->destroy;
  finish(0);

The exit you found where the problem ocurs, is it in the tlmgr.pl
or tlmgrgui.pl code. If it is in the tlmgrgui.pl code, can you replace
it with an explicite call to Tk::exit and see if it changes something?

Norbert