[tex-live] Recent change to _create_config_files broke installation in user mode

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:13:01 CEST 2016

On 5/5/2016 9:15 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> the newly installed packages.  Or am I missing something?
>
> Yes, people installing font packages *manually* without tlmgr and
> creating manually a updmap.cfg, which is in fact the much more common
> case in my feeling ...

Hi again Norbert,

I'm sorry, but I don't see how people who have manually created
updmap.cfg are hurt by the existing code for _create_config_files with
the "die" removed.  Doesn't the new map information simply get appended
to what was already there?  I'm looking at the code starting at line
2745 in TLUtils.pm (rev 40900).

I apologize in advance if I've missed something obvious.

Ken