[tex-live] How to add a key to the tlmgr gpg keyring persistently?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu May 5 05:11:37 CEST 2016

Hi Markus,

> So how can I add a key to the keyring without need to add it again and again
> after each update of the TeX Live infrastructure files?

Well, since you beat me to it ... a long intercontinental flight back
from BachoTeX and the code is submitted. tlmgr interface is:
	tlmgr key list
		lists all keys
	tlmgr key add <keyfile> | -
		adds a key from file or stdin
	tlmgr key delete <keyid>
		deletes a key
What happens behind the scenes is that an additional keyring is generated
in TLROOT/tlpkg/gpg/ (where also the main keyring is), called
	repository-keys.gpg
Keys are added/removed from this keyring to keep the main keyring clean.

In addition, I have adjusted tlmgr so that:
* does not die if a key is not available for checking
* in case of non-verified sources, reports a short reason:
	... (not verified: pub key missing)
	... (not verified: no gpg available)
	... (not verified: not signed)
  (with obvious meanings)

If all goes well this will be in the next rebuild tomorrow.

Norbert