[tex-live] problems with compiling LaTeX-documents

Dominik Schwarz Dominik.Schwarz at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Mar 31 12:23:30 CEST 2016

Dear Sir or Madam,

I work with Ubuntu 14.04 and I have a serious issue while compiling my
LaTeX-documents. When I try, I get the following:

***
\RequirePackage{expl3}[2016/03/28]
\@ifpackagelater{expl3}{2016/03/28}
  {}
  {%
    \PackageError{xparse}{Support package l3kernel too old}
      {%
        Please install an up to date version of l3kernel\MessageBreak
        using your TeX package manager or from CTAN.\MessageBreak
        \MessageBreak
      }%
    \endinput
  }
***

I installed TeXLive via the following instruction:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/1092/how-to-install-vanilla-texlive-on-debian-or-ubuntu
(Point "Installation", following every point exactly).

I tried

***
tlmgr update --self --all
***

several times, even newstart of the system didn't help, so I'm a little
helpless... Can you find out what goes wrong? Or do I just have to wait
a few hours an retry the update?

Thank you very much in advance!

--
~