[tex-live] BibLatex issues after last upgrade

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Mar 9 12:19:47 CET 2016

Am Wed, 9 Mar 2016 10:00:23 +0000 schrieb Joseph Wright:

>> In this case (as far as I can see) the style is trying to test for
>> the backend driver (and to call a sourcemap if biber is used).
>>
>> Imho this is something packages should be able to do and so there
>> should be a reliable and documented method for package authors.
>
> I'm afraid that looks wrong to me. Either the style should work with
> either backend or it should be Biber-only and use \RequireBiber for that
> (which is a documented interface).

? As far as I know  the style works with every backend. It only
(like biblatex itself) has some additional features / use different
code if biber is used and so need to be able to do "\ifbiberbackend
... \else ... \fi".

What's wrong with this? It is not different to "if etex" or
"\ifluatex" etc.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/