[tex-live] dvipdfmx and dvips(k): different special psfile output

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Mar 2 00:38:20 CET 2016

Dear Ramón,

> But I am not sure that
> files created by MetaPost are so peculiar.

No, they are not peculiar.
(x)dvipdfmx can include eps created by MetaPost without
help of other applications such as Ghostscript.
However other eps files must be changed to epdf by
Ghostscript. The created epdf, in the present dvipdfmx.cfg,
have llx = lly = 0, so we need 'peculiar' handling in
dvipdfmx.def/xetex.def. Therefore when we use
dvipdfmx.def/xetex.def, we need 'peculiar' moving of the
origin for MetaPost-created eps files, since they are
not converted into epdf files.

Best,
Akira