[tex-live] Xdvi not working

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 12 00:24:51 CEST 2016

    Conclusion: XQuartz and xdvi break the underlying assumption

I really doubt it is xdvi, per se, that is breaking anything.
xdvi hasn't notably changed.  And there is no problem on any other
platform.

    If you want to use xdvi, donœôòùt update to XQuartz 2.7.9.

How about if you send me an xdvi-for-xquartz-2.7.9 binary (just the one
xdvi-xaw executable file) and I'll make it available from the TL bugs
page?  Or you could make it available from the mactex page.  Then at
least when people have the problem -- and we can be sure it will be
reported ad infinitum -- we have an easy answer.

We could ship both binaries and do tweaking in the shell script to
invoke the right one, but I don't want to!   --karl