[tex-live] 64 bits version of TeX Live on Windows

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:15:39 CEST 2016

On 10 June 2016 at 14:43, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The cygwin binaries actually also have very little added
> value if you ask me; cygwin users could just as well install the other
> windows binaries from the shell script.)

Just to comment on that aspect, personally I find the cygwin builds
invaluable.

Calling native windows binaries from cygwin is of course possible but since
they have a different view of the filesystem paths, you always have to be
aware
of the file system mapping and so path searching, shell escape etc would
never
work in a natural way from a cygwin shell if using a native windows tex
build, would they?

I do this all the time with  calling a native windows Java application from
cygwin, but
it's good not to have the same issues with tex.

David