[tex-live] Tlmgr closing takes fairly long

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jun 6 16:38:10 CEST 2016

Hi Bernhard,

> >> The tlmgr shutdown after solely opening tlmgr without any activity takes
> >> 50 sec.

> I have to report that after the full install of texlive2016 closing is
> down to about 10 sec.

That is very very very *very* strange and I honestly believe there
have been other reasons for the long delay. Increasing the number of
packages by installing texlive-full can only *increase* the time
as more objects/widgets are created and need to be destroyed at the
end.

So my theory is that you had some background process taking CPU time
or IO time (backup service, update service, whatever service) and
thus the long delay appeared.

But as a non-Windows user (most of the time) I am open to different
explanations.

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13