[tex-live] TL2016: biber 2.4 does not work with biblatex 3.4

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 21 06:36:31 CEST 2016

Hi Werner,

sorry for the late reply.

> For this reason I use texlive.tlpdb.xz and generate with a perl script
> and some spec file templates all required spec files including the rpm
> dependencies.   This gives me the required versions to be sure that my

Yes, this is what we do in Debian, too. But we start from tlnet
and not the texmf tar balls. That is IMNSHO eassier to handle,
and allows updates during the year.

> snpashot of the archive of the texmf tar balls are in sync.  If
> texlive.tlpdb.xz is not or was never a valid source for versioning then
> what else could be used to generate the more then 6000 spec files?

It is and was always stated that the information from tlpdb
provided by
	catalogue-version
is only indicative.

TeX Live uses the revision numbers computed from the subversion
checkout, because it is the only thing that guarantees striclty
increasing versioning.

>   "Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
>           a peeing section in a swimming pool." -- Edward Burr

Love that.

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13