[tex-live] color and graphics config files for luatex 0.87+

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:36:56 CET 2016

> On 20 January 2016 at 23:38, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>
>>     For reasons I don't fully understand the .cfg files aren't on ctan
>>
>> Because originally Lamport's idea was that someone would define them
>> "locally", like someone would write the "local guide"?
>

> Possibly, or more exactly for these cfg it could have been my idea, it's
> all so long ago:-)

I think it is generally a good idea to have local .cfg files and find their
meaning in the local guide. Its implementation is straightforward. If there
is a need for such a local .cfg file, it can be placed in texmf-local which
is searched first. If it is not found there, the default .cfg will be read
from texmf-dist. Thus it will work for both kinds of users.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz