[tex-live] svn repository format upgrade

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Feb 2 01:13:48 CET 2016

I have upgraded the texlive subversion repository on tug.org to
format 7, which comes with svn release 1.9.3.  Purportedly it has
both space and time improvements:
  http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.9.html#fsfs-improvements
The last revision committed in the old repository format was 39544.

It is supposed to be interoperable with older clients, so my hope is
that this change will be invisible to everyone, except that perhaps
things will be a little faster.  My own checkouts, made with a couple
of svn client versions, seem to be working fine.

The disk space occupied on the server decreased about 16%, BTW.

Fingers crossed,
Karl