[tex-live] texlive DVD install problems

Peter Wilson herries.press at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 26 22:04:24 CEST 2016

I tried to install texlive 2016 from the DVD onto a Ubuntu system. I
left the installation running while I had supper but when I returned
there was nothing showing on the screen so I don't know if there were
any error messages or suchlike. I changed the .profile file to pick up
the 2016 version rather than the 2015 version. It seemed to run 2016 on
sample2e.tex but all the other files it used were from 2015. I tried
"tlmgr update -list" but I got a message saying

"Unknown directive ...container checksum c59200567...,please fix it! at
usr/local/texlive/2015/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPOBJ.pm line 210, <$retfh> line
5579."

Any ideas? Should I try and delete the 2016 version and start again
staring at the screen for a couple of hours?

Thanks

PeterW.