[tex-live] gpg with tlmgr with tl 2016 pretest, etc, on a Mac

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Apr 28 14:57:48 CEST 2016

> prompt$  tlmgr update -list
..
> gpg: failed to create temporary file
> `/usr/local/texlive/2016/tlpkg/gpg/.#lk0x1003093f0.mulkogi.home.2246':
> Permission denied

Do you have write permissions? If not, then well, yes, that does not
work. But update will not work anyway without write permissions.

> Is it right to require 'sudo' for such an operation?  All the above
> commands are run from

Well, updates are requiring root access.

> user I cannot use tlmgr this way?  But tlutil seems to work fine for the
> non administrative

Because it asks you about authentication I guess, but I don't know
the internals.

ANyway, I will investigate and see whether I can do something, but I am
not sure.

Norbert