[tex-live] latex2rtf

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 21 23:27:53 CEST 2016

Hi Denis,

A free software license is necessary but not sufficient:

In short, (1) an executable also needs to be self-locating (find any
support files relative to its own location, preferably using kpathsea),
and I'm fairly sure that latex2rtf isn't; (2) it needs to use automake.
I don't have the desire to write configure.ac/Makefile.am files from
scratch for other packages; the authors need to put in that work.

I have not approached Wilfried about these issues.  If you think it's
worth it, please do so.  --best, karl.