[tex-live] [OS X TeX] [WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED] TeX Live 2016 Pretest

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Apr 17 20:20:54 CEST 2016

> On 17.04.2016, at 16:47, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Simon,
>
> You didn’t read my entire message announcing the MacTeX pretest, because
> it warned about exactly this problem, and explained how to solve it.
>
> From that message:
>
> 5) There has been a dramatic restructuring of the LuaTeX code.
> 	This will make it much easier to maintain in coming years, but
> 	may cause some problems this year. In preliminary testing, LuaTeX
> 	compiled most straight LaTeX files. But it crashed when
> 	using Robertson’s fontspec, a crucial package when using system
> 	fonts. This crash can be avoided by adding a file
> 	~/Library/texmf/tex/luatex/luaotfload-blacklist.cnf containing
> 	one line of text:
>
> 	LastResort.ttf
>
> 	The programmers know of this bug, so it should be fixed in the
> 	release version of LuaTeX.

Thanks, that did the trick.

Still, there are a couple of problems with the latest version of lua(la)tex. I realize that most if not all of time are due to not yet updated packages, still, I thought it would be good to report them.

The following commands break the compilation:

\pdfminorversion
\pdfcompresslevel
\pdfobjcompresslevel

I guess this is a result of the recent luatex cleanup, but from a quick googling I could not find any reference for this.

Pgf has serious problems; for example, calling the package todonotes results in the following error:

> ! Package pgf Error: Driver file ``pgfsys-luatex.def'' not found..
>
> See the pgf package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.988 ...{Driver file ``\pgfsysdriver'' not found.}}
>
> ?

Ulrike Fischer seems to have reported this problem already, see https://sourceforge.net/p/pgf/bugs/384/

There are also all kind of pgf-related warnings:

> Package pgf Warning: Your graphic driver pgfsys-luatex.def does not support scop
> ing. This warning is given only once on input line 190.
>

> Package pgf Warning: Your graphic driver pgfsys-luatex.def does not support sett
> ing the line width. This warning is given only once on input line 190.
>

> Package pgf Warning: Your graphic driver pgfsys-luatex.def does not support path
>  constructions. This warning is given only once on input line 190.
>

> Package pgf Warning: Your graphic driver pgfsys-luatex.def does not support path
>  usage. This warning is given only once on input line 190.
>

> Package pgf Warning: Your graphic driver pgfsys-luatex.def does not support sett
> ing the dashing pattern. This warning is given only once on input line 209.
>

> Package pgf Warning: Your graphic driver pgfsys-luatex.def does not support sett
> ing the line cap. This warning is given only once on input line 209.
>

> Package pgf Warning: Your graphic driver pgfsys-luatex.def does not support tran
> sformations. This warning is given only once on input line 237.

Microtype also does not work at the moment, I get the following error:

> Package microtype Warning: You don't seem to be using either pdftex, luatex, or
> xetex.

Finally, I get the following message (which is not fatal) dozens of times:

> Non-PDF special ignored!

Let me know, if you need more specific information on any of these issues.

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch
http://www.utopia2016.ch

„Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why they call it the present.“