[tex-live] [pretest] Annoucement/Warning - cryptographic signatures

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Apr 15 09:11:29 CEST 2016

Am Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:17:05 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:

> Dear all,
>
>> today I have committed a big bunch of changes to verify integrity
>> of downloaded packages by cryptographically signatures.
>
> After a few days of fighting with rebuilding and fixing, the changes
> have finally landed today in tlpretest.
>
> For those who have already installed tlpretest: You *cannot* update with
> 	tlmgr update --self
> but have to use the
> 	update-tlmgr-latest
> method.
>
> Please report strange happenings here, best with tlmgr -v ...

After the confusion with the self-update the update worked fine, but
gpg isn't used (windows 7):

F:\Install\TeXLive\2016>tlmgr -v update --list
D:tlmgr:main: ::tldownload_server defined
Setting up gpg did not succeed!
D:persistent connection set up, trying to get
ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/
lpretest/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512 (for
C:\Users\Nililand\AppData\Local\Temp\Z
LaM9xgmZ)
D:downloading file via persistent connection succeeded
D:gpg prog not defined, no checking of signatures
D:checksum of local copy identical with remote hash
tlmgr.pl: package repository
ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest
D:Automatic backups activated, keeping 1 backups.
tlmgr.pl: saving backups to D:/texlive/2016/tlpkg/backups
D:tlmgr.pl: new pkgs:
D:tlmgr.pl: deleted :
D:tlmgr.pl: forced  :
tlmgr.pl: no updates available