[tex-live] [pretest] Annoucement/Warning - cryptographic signatures

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Apr 15 07:17:05 CEST 2016

Dear all,

> today I have committed a big bunch of changes to verify integrity
> of downloaded packages by cryptographically signatures.

After a few days of fighting with rebuilding and fixing, the changes
have finally landed today in tlpretest.

For those who have already installed tlpretest: You *cannot* update with
	tlmgr update --self
but have to use the

Please report strange happenings here, best with tlmgr -v ...

For Windows users
(the following is my personal project and not affiliated with TeX Live or TUG!)
If you want to have gpg verification on Windows without installing
gnupg manually, you can install a package prepared by me via:
	tlmgr --repository http://www.preining.info/tlgpgwin32/ install texlive.gpg.win32

Warning for all users
As tlpretest has not started officially ;-) all this might change again.

Some remarks from the first email:
> In case something breaks badly you can easily disable these checks
> using hte new command line option
> 	--no-verify-downloads

ALl the best

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13