[tex-live] getnonfreefonts

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Apr 13 20:52:19 CEST 2016

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> But as you should know texlive doesn't include tools which have the
> sole/main purpose to support something unfree.

Microsoft Windows is "something unfree", yet TeX Live includes support
for it.  One might reasonably assume that this is because the TeX Live
developers recognise that a very large number of people choose to use
Microsoft Windows (I am one), and that to disenfranchise them would not
be in anyone's interest.  Why, then, discriminate against those (again,
such as myself) who wish to use unfree fonts as well as an unfree
operating system ?

** Phil.