[tex-live] getnonfreefonts

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:36:20 CEST 2016

Saying that something is packaged does not give any useful information. How
is it packaged, as zip, rpm, deb, ...? If it is a zip, what is the
directory structure inside it? What is the format of the font, is it MF,
Type 1, TrueType, OpenType? What is the encoding of the font? Which
languages and scripts are supported? If a font is properly packaged, it
means that all this information is present in a metafile understandable to
an infrastructure that is able to put the files to correct directories and
is able to inform the operating system and/or a particular TeX distribution
that the font is available. CTAN usually contains archive files, not
packages. In order to use them a user has to collect all this information
and install the font. There is nothing like super simple font installation
unless it is an OpenType font and you can just copy the *.otf to a system
directory.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz