[tex-live] tl15/tl16 changes to come

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 2 23:53:51 CEST 2016

I plan to make Monday night (April 4) the last regular update for TL15.
(The state of the packages will be archived as a tlnet-final directory
as usual.)

Then it will take several days to build and install the new binaries for
TL16, get format building to work, etc.  This will be available in the
tlpretest area (not tlnet), and updates will continue there for a month
or two before the release, as in past years.

More details when the pretest is available.  In general, I don't
anticipate any particular changes to the infrastructure and process from
previous years.  (The content is different story.)

Happy TeXing,
Karl