[tex-live] Error when trying to use TeX Live's 2015 tlmgr on FreeBSD 9.3

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Oct 1 01:23:21 CEST 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> I think I have found a bug in tlmgr.pl. In the BEGIN block $MAster is based
> upon __FILE__ (line 59 and below). If the user has not created symlinks, it

INdeed indeed. This is getting tricky, as we have to resolve
recursively until we find the real tlmgr.pl, and then resolve to

I need to think about a different approach ... maybe simply
expect kpsewhich to work and use
	kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFROOT
?

Thanks a lot to everyone for directing me to this bug. Interesting it
is that nobody ever mentioned this since many many years ...

Norbert