[tex-live] -dAutoRotatePages=/None in the distiller_template

Hironobu YAMASHITA h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 06:30:29 CET 2015

Hi Philip,

> I don't understand the details of this at all, Akira-san, but would it
> explain why, after I had carefully rotated a PDF figure by 90% in Adobe
> Acrobat, I found that that the rotation was lost when that same
> (rotated) figure was imported using XeTeX's \XeTeXpdffile ?

Akira's suggestion is not related to pdf inclusion of dvipdfmx / xdvipdfmx.
(Note that XeTeX's output-driver is xdvipdfmx!)
The addition of -dAutoRotatePages=/None in dvipdfmx.cfg is only for
inclusion
of eps figures: in this case (x)dvipdfmx calls gs to convert eps --> pdf.

Philip's problem is pdf inclusion. Current (x)dvipdfmx does not support
/Rotate at all, so inclusion of pdf with /Rotate command fails.
Yes, Adobe Acrobat (and Preview.app in OS X) adds /Rotate command in PDF
rotation, so these PDFs are out-of-support by (x)dvipdfmx.
​The possible workaround is, as I said previously, 'pretreatment' of
rotated PDFs.
(sorry, in my previous mail there are some miss-spelling in
-dAutoRotatePages)

Hironobu​