[tex-live] -dAutoRotatePages=/None in the distiller_template

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Nov 4 14:41:14 CET 2015

[Originally sent just to me.  Resending to tex-live list for posterity.
Made the change in both /source/ and /Master/.  Thanks Akira.  --karl]

Hi Karl,

My friends ask to add '-dAutoRotatePages=/None' in the D section
in dvipdfmx.cfg:

D  "rungs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dEPSCrop -sPAPERSIZE=a0
-sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dAutoRotatePages=/None -dCompatibilityLevel=%v
-dAutoFilterGrayImages=false -dGrayImageFilter=/FlateEncode
-dAutoFilterColorImages=false -dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode
-sOutputFile='%o' '%i' -c quit"  (actually a single line).

Ghostscript sometimes automatically adds /Rotate command in the
eps --> pdf conversion, that is very annoying, because the original
BoundingBox is ignored.  Further, the present (x)dvipdfmx
does not support /Rotate command.
Thus I think '-dAutoRotatePages=/None' is very desirable in the
distiller_template.

Please see an attached test.tar.gz, which contains dnorm.eps,
dnorm.pdf, dnorm-rot.pdf, and README.txt.

Thanks,
Akira