[tex-live] Fwd: revtex4-1 does not include current aip4-1.rtx

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Nov 3 23:18:48 CET 2015

Hi Jochen,

    As both "support emails" (see below) bounced, I send this here œôòó
    please forward as appropriate.

I got your message on texhax.  It didn't bounce.
tex at aip.org I have no knowledge of.

    > However, there are newer versions of that file, which declare new
    > journals. E.g., ftp://ftp.aip.org/revtex/revtex4-1.zip contains
    > the journal "sd".

It is not practical for me to update TL from anywhere but CTAN.  The
revtex people need to update CTAN when they update the package.  Can you
(or someone) tell them?  I am not in contact with them.

Their not changing the version and date strings in the new version seems
undesirable, but is unrelated to the lack of updating in TL.  That is
purely because CTAN has not been updated.

Best,
Karl