[tex-live] requirements for addition in shell_escape_commands

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun May 17 00:08:23 CEST 2015

We would compile your program as part of the normal TL build, for all
platforms, and install it that way.  Thus, the binary would get updated
once a year.  It would be statically linked with the kpse we have at the
time, so our not distributing a separate kpse lib does not matter.

People who want to compile it on their own in between times would need
to either get enough of the TL infrastructure to build it, or figure it
out on their own.  We don't need to prevent anything.  We just need to
do the right thing with what we distribute.

best,
karl