[tex-live] requirements for addition in shell_escape_commands

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri May 15 00:49:17 CEST 2015

Hi Elie,

    It's in C, it parses standard input or a file,

I can't look in detail right now, sorry, but here's what comes to mind:
if reading from a file, it should use kpse_in_name_ok[_silent] to ensure
it's allowed to read from it, and if writing to a file,
kpse_out_name_ok[_silent].  There are equivalent options in kpsewhich.
I imagine you might not want to link with kpathsea; perhaps a wrapper
script is the answer.  Or maybe a mode where it can only use
stdin/stdout.  I'm not sure.

The source should not require gcc; other compilers are used.
(I doubt this will be hard.)

Not a stopper, but the name "gregorio" makes me think of our friend
Enrico, rather than anything about chant, let alone chant+tex ...

Best,
Karl