[tex-live] Error with TL 2015 (involving `floatrow')

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Fri Jun 26 21:27:13 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 03:06:37PM +0000, Michel Goossens wrote:
> Hello, I just installed texlive 2015 on windows 8.1, which seemed to have installed correctly.
>

> The root of the tl2015 tree is in the directory  g:\Experiments\sw\TeXLive\2015
>

> However, when I try to run pdflatex, the format file is not found and cannot be generated.

I could reproduce this by installing as admin and disabling format
generation.

When I clicked the TeX Live Manager tile I got a UAC prompt to run
TLMGR with admin permissions. By clicking Actions / Rebuild all
formats I could generate the formats.

Of course this should not be necessary. Norbert?

--
Siep Kroonenberg