[tex-live] rotating column content of a two-column document

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Jun 21 10:45:20 CEST 2015

Joseph Wright wrote:

> Or more likely for most people, they decide TeX can't do what they want
> for a reasonable effort and use some other tool.

If you wrote "for some people", Joseph, I would agree with you; but to
suggest that /most/ people are unwilling to learn, and simply want to
behave as parasites, using the work of others without investing any
intellectual input of their own in return, is at best an gross
overstatement and at worse downright offensive.  In my experience, most
people are more than willing to invest some intellectual input if, at
the end of the exercise, they believe they will thereby gain skills that
they will then be able to re-apply in other contexts and thus become
less dependent on the work of others in the future.

Suggestion :  ask Karl to create a "TeX-philosophy" list and moves this
discussion there.

** Phil.