[tex-live] Removal of startTexFig

Tom Rokicki rokicki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:45:39 CEST 2015

Thanks, Karl!  I'll make note of that from here on out.

Josef, this is probably something your users should be
aware of; the non-free nature of psfig means that any
use is restricted to distributions that have properly
sublicensed the relevant code.  The license the code
was available under is incompatible with the GPL and
thus the code cannot be distributed with TexLive or
with most Linux distributions.

Your users might be able to switch to epsfig (with
some effort).  Otherwise, they may need to use a more
modern alternative.

-tom

--
--  http://cube20.org/  --  [Golly link suppressed; ask me why]  --