[tex-live] \"\i causes problems with texlive 2015

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Sun Jun 14 15:18:54 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-14 at 11:31:50 +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 >
 > > Sorry, but the only thing which is unusable is your complaint.
 >
 > > No.  Please don't blame Biblatex.  It works as expected.  As you
 > > noticed yorself, the culprit is your input file.  Don't blame others
 > > for your mistakes.
 >
 > Am I alone in longinbg for a return to the days when TeXhax was a
 > friendly community where TeX users set out to help each other rather
 > than (as it would now seem) an unwelcoming and unfriendly place where
 > requests for help are met with rudeness and abuse ?

Phil, before you complain, PLEASE READ MY MAILS.

  http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2015-June/036941.html

I spent a significant part of my spare time in order to to track it
down.  If nobody is able to read my mails, it's certainly not my
fault.

How many times has Lutz been asked to provide a MWE?  How many times
did he ignore the requests?

I explained in detail where the message

  Unicode char \u8:̈ not set up for use with LaTeX.

comes from.  Nobody else made the slightest attempt to investigate.
If you think that this mailing list is an unwelcoming and unfriendly
place, then PLEASE investigate and answer these questions yourself.

Phil, do you really think that it's appropriate to blame the authors
of bibtex and biber for things they are not responsible for?

Do you really think that my statement "Don't blame others for your
mistakes." is overly rude?

What do you expect if someone tries to help and his help is ignored
and the same stupid question is asked again and again?

Again:

> Sorry, but the only thing which is unusable is your complaint.

> No.  Please don't blame Biblatex.  It works as expected.  As you
> noticed yorself, the culprit is your input file.  Don't blame others
> for your mistakes.

Phil, PLEASE explain to me why it's perfectly appropriate to blame the
authors of biblatex and biber for no good reason.  You blame me to be
overly rude when I say that there are mistakes in the TeX input file.
In which world are you living?

I'm pissed off.

Phil, your name is still absent from the TUG-2015 list of
participants.  It would be a pity if you don't come.  It's not too
late to register. I'm looking forward to meet you in Darmstadt.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de