[tex-live] [luatex] lltxplatform integration

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:50:15 CEST 2015

> On Fri, 05 Jun 2015, Élie Roux wrote:
>> right .so? Or do you mean same binaries wouldn't be able to load the
>> same .so file on a different OS?
>
> Yes, that is the problem. We are not making a distinction between OS,
> but ARCH-OS, for examples
>         x86_64-linux
> which includes 64bit variants of all the major distributions, some
> old, some new, some strange.
>
> And no, we will not have
>         debian-x86_64-linux
>         centos-x86_64-linux
>         ffobar...
> No way.

If I understand it well, the problem is that ".so" are usually
dynamically linked to other ".so" and this is what is distro
dependent.

And there is one more point. Some universities have network
installation. There is one TL version with binaries for all platforms
which is shared via NFS with unix computers and via CIFS with Windows
computers. All these computers must know how to find the correct
so/dll.

> Norbert

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/