[tex-live] inclusion of pdf figures in tex-live 2015

Robert B. Gozzoli r.b.gozzoli at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:30:28 CEST 2015

Dear Karl,
thus, as normal user, should we stick to PDF 1.5 as format for any PDF
to be attached? I talk as user only.
I tried to google a bit, but I do not know or understand why newer PDF
formats cannot be processed without warning or anything. It might be
for compatibility with older files - I understand that - but some
users might question it.
A final question. Akira suggested to put V 7 in dvipdfmx.cfg.
If I do so, will it work even for whenever dvipdfm will be updated?
And is it advisable for me doing such a change?

Rob