[tex-live] inclusion of pdf figures in tex-live 2015

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 23:06:52 CEST 2015

The problem appears to be in the PDF file that you have, If I have
just the pdf file (sx4_1n.pdf in the test you sent , renamed to
onlypdf.pdf) and don't have the file in any other form then

with this latex file

then the (texlive 2015) command

xelatex test2

produces a frame of the right size, but with no image

but the command

PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2014/bin/x86_64-cygwin:$PATH xelatex test2

produces the expected image in the frame.

I have tried to reproduce this with other pdf files, for example a
renamed example-image.pdf from the mwe collection, but they work as

Since you sent the image in an off list email I don't feel at liberty to post it
but if you could (or allow me to) it would give the xetex/dvipdfmx maintainers
more to go on.