[tex-live] texlive 2014 update bug

bamshad bamshadpota at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 10:38:09 CEST 2015

I have a problem with Texlive package manager.
Yesterday I wanted to update some of my package, the package manager asked
me to update itself first. but after the update the package manager does
not work at all.

I tried to update it, as suggested in
then I used the update file provided here
however, after updating the same problem did not resolved.

I tried command prompt to update the package using: tlmgr update -- self
however I get the following error:
The local codeset <cp720> isn't one that perl cn decode, stopped at
C:\texlive\2014\tlpkg\tlperl\lib\/encode/locale.pm line 123.
The compliation failed in require at
c:\texlive\2014\tlpkg\tlperl\lib/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 1001.

I am running windows 7 sp1 64 bit eddition.
can you please help me.