[tex-live] Problem with gothic initials of Yannis Haralambous

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Feb 27 22:34:09 CET 2015

So, the yfonts.sty LaTeX package assumes the yinitas (not yinit) fonts.
I can't solve that.  Either that package needs to be modified (author:
Walter Schmidt), or another LaTeX package written, or the yinitas author
(Andreas Schrell) needs to be contacted about explicit licensing.  I've
already spent a lot of hours on dealing with these old fonts and don't
really want to invest more time, so I hope someone else can take it up.