[tex-live] [pretest] Update --self hangs

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Apr 27 23:52:37 CEST 2015

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Uwe Siart wrote:

> Today's self update hangs on my windows machine, possibly because of the
> perl update. Also tried from local repository but same story: update
> --self doesn't finish. The task manager says that perl.exe is running.
> I've been waiting 15 min or so then killed the process with Ctrl-C.
>
> Do you think that uninstall/reinstall is due? Or could there be another
> (faster) solution?

Using standard for windows tlmgr in the gui mode today's update went well.
I only had a warning:
  Argument "37001+" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
  C:/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/ scripts/texlive/tlmgrgui.pl line 2237.
  Executing action update
  tlmgr.pl: saving backups to C:/texlive/2015/tlpkg/backups
  tlmgr.pl: Preparing TeX Live infrastructure update...
  Backup option not implemented for infrastructure update.
  Finished

Then, after updating tlperl.win32 and restarting tlmgr all updates (11
from yesterday) went smoothly.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
staw at gust.org.pl