[tex-live] XeTeX or xdvipdfmx Broken

Richard Koch richardmoncriefkoch at icloud.com
Sat Apr 25 16:55:16 CEST 2015

Jiang Jiang,

I recompiled and tested. Great work!

I download source using rsync. I suspect I got 37043, but not 37046,
because in my tests, YuppySC and YuppTC are still broken. I’ll download
and test again this evening.

However, the following fonts are fixed:

	Apple Chancery
	Headline A
	Osaka
	PCMyungio
	PilGi
	Skia

These are exactly the fonts which worked in 2014 but didn’t work this
year. They concerned me the most, and it is wonderful to see them
fixed.

I believe the following are still broken

	(Yuppy SC) - maybe fixed now
	(Yuppy TC) - maybe fixed now
	Apple Color Emoji
	GB10830 Bitmap - (bitmap font, so maybe not fixable)
	Hannotate SC
	Hannotate TC
	Hansipen SC
	Hansipen TC
	ITF Devanagari
	Kohinoor Devanagari

Several of these have errors in the typesetting before even reaching
xdvipdfmx, as listed in an earlier message.

I think the last six are the important ones. In particular, we already
have bug reports from last year on the last two. Jiang Jiang is well aware
of this, knows the reason. A fix may not be easy.

Great work, everyone!

Dick Koch