[tex-live] XeTeX or xdvipdfmx Broken on Mac

Richard Koch richardmoncriefkoch at icloud.com
Thu Apr 23 20:27:03 CEST 2015


In the message title for several earlier messages today, I confused XeTeX with TeTeX. Gulp.

After the final message, I got a message from Khaled Hosny saying that he had
fixed the problem. Just now, I compiled all the sources again, and tested
my two documents. Sure enough, most problems are fixed. THANKS, KHALED.

However …

There is a final problem. Here again is the source:

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode


\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Hoefler Text}
\setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text]{Gill Sans}
\setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Andale Mono}

\title{Brief Article}
\author{The Author}


This is a standard TeX document using Hoefler Text. It uses \LaTeX\ and
the standard \TeX\ graphic packages.

\newfontfamily{\A}{Geeza Pro}
\newfontfamily{\H}[Scale=0.9]{Lucida Grande}

Here are some multilingual Unicode fonts: this is Arabic text: {\A السلام عليكم}, 
this is Hebrew: {\H שלום},  and here's some Japanese: {\J 今日は}.



If the line near the bottom defining font “J” to be Osaka is commented out,
and the corresponding Japanese text at the end is commented out, this typesets
fine. If we add back the line defining the “J” font, but not the Japanese text,
typesetting is still fine. Adding the final line with Japanese text leads to the

xdvipdfmx:fatal: Invalid font: -1 (6)

Output file removed.
Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file XeTeX-1.pdf may not be valid.
SyncTeX written on XeTeX-1.synctex.gz.
Transcript written on XeTeX-1.log.

Dick Koch

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/attachments/20150423/782d32aa/attachment.html>

More information about the tex-live mailing list