[tex-live] 2015 pretest: tlmgr update --self fails on windows

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Apr 14 14:12:05 CEST 2015

Am Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:04:06 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:

> Hi Ulrike,
>
>> Detailed command logging to "D:\texlive\2015\temp\update-self.log"
>> failed self update: texlive.infra (36801 -> 36818)
>
> THat is bad ... and surprising.
>
>> Running update-tlmgr-latest.exe doesn't help: At the next start of
>> tlmgr it again wants to update itself.
>
>> _include_tlpobj tlpkg\tlpobj\texlive.infra.tlpobj
>> tlpkg\tlpobj\texlive.infra.doc.tlpobj
>> tlmgr.pl: unknown action: _include_tlpobj; try --help if you need
>
> Argggg... that is a stupid bug indeed ... I fix it in a minute...
>
> But it is independent from the fact that the update failed, which is
> strange ...
>
> Do you have a log of the *original* self update:
> 	D:\texlive\2015\temp\update-self.log

No, I only have the log from the last attempt.

But I used for the first try this repository
ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/
and there update-tlmgr-latest.exe seems to be broken: its size is
reported as 0 bit. Could this be the problem? (in other repositories
the size looks ok)

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/