[tex-live] 2015 pretest

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 12:53:12 CEST 2015

> Le 13 avr. 2015 à 11:57, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>
> a écrit :
> > (Explaining to newbies how to create a texdist would be pointless /
> > way too complex and changing the PATH would be by far the easiest
> > solution. That was the reason why I initially suggested it. I know how
> > to make it, but nevertheless I never bothered making one for anything
> > else but experiments and relied on changing PATH for tlpretest in the
> > past.)
> I don't like adjusting PATH because I always forget in what file it is
> set up (some years back I recall some ~/.zsh.rc, now it is rather
> ~/.bashrc no ~/.profile no rather ~/.bash_profile) I always forget the
> syntax (is it export? is it setenv?)
> (to be honest I would only need modifying what's fortunately already
> there in .bash_profile, but I would be hesitant if I needed to do it from
> scratch)
> besides there is always this problem that I don't know if GUI app will
> actually react to my .bash_profile, perhaps I need to do stuff in,
> how is it called again, ah yes /etc/paths.d, well I had forgotten there
> is a TeX file in this directory with contents the single line /usr/texbin
> (I had forgotten it and I don't need to worry about ever modifying it)

It will but bash_profile is read only when the graphic environment starts,
therefore after changing bach_profile you have to restart your graphic
environment which is not pleasant. In my Linux computers I have
/usr/local/current which is a symlink to the current version. If I want to
use temporarily another version, I change PATH for a single terminal.

Zdeněk Wagner