[tex-live] 2015 pretest

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:25:11 CEST 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

>> > (You can also put the binaries under a
>> > different directory, say, "x86_64-darwin14" and set the PATH variable
>> > to point there. As long as the relative path to the rest of TL stays
>> > the same, it should work.) There is even a command-line option (which
>> > I forgot) that allows you to install binaries from a custom location.
>>
>> ok, on Mac OS (from MacTeX) we have a /usr/texbin symbolic link which we
>> can point to the wished location
>>
>> there is no need ever adjusting PATH

That's true, but then you need to adjust the symlink. I'm not sure
what happens if you adjust the symlink manually to a weird location
and then try to use the GUI tool for the rest of operations (switching
to a different distribution etc.).

> Symlinks can be used even in Linux but remember that the binaries look for
> the TeX Live root at ../../, therefore their placement at
> $TLROOT/bin/$platform is mandatory.

Why? Shouldn't $TLROOT/bin/whatever-weird-name work as well?

Mojca