[tex-live] clash between babel (french), hyperref and \cite on keys with a colon character

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:05:20 CEST 2014

> There's a clash between babel (french), hyperref and \cite on keys
> with a colon character. This can be seen on:

This is not a TeX Live issue but babel issue. The problem is that
double punctuation (colon, semicolon, question mark, exclamation mark)
need different spacing in French than in other languages, therefore
these characters are active. Once you load the french module, they
remain active even if you switch to another language. I am afraid that
it is not an easy tast to change it and it is considered rather a
feature, not a bug. You will have the same problems with other
characters in other languages.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/