[tex-live] an issue with running dvipdfmx from a makefile

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Oct 4 23:35:28 CEST 2014

Le 4 oct. 2014 à 23:28, Lars Madsen <daleif at math.au.dk> a écrit :

> Where exactly is tmp? As I read your file is should be a subdirectory. Does it exist?

tmp was indeed in the big Makefile the name of a subdirectory which was destined
to be created
by rules containing commands like

	mkdir -p $(TMPDIR)/doc/generic/xint

I had at the top
TMPDIR = tmp (or rather in real it was "tempformake")

everything worked with no problem, inclusive of the creation of a package.tds.zip
and package.zip for CTAN, but dvipdfmx compilations ended up with these warnings

turns out that if I use

TEMPDIR = whatever

or

ONEDIR = whatever

there is no issue.

Example of problematic Makefile: (it had nothing to do with using script.sh therein)

TMPDIR = tmp  # JF B big mistake of assigning some value to TMPDIR, which must be a reserved thing

test: latex dvipdfmx

latex:
	latex temp

dvipdfmx:
	dvipdfmx temp

> Would
>
> chmod u+X script.sh && ./script.sh
>
> Be better, then script is not attempted if chmod fails.

thanks for that.  I had && originally but figured that chmod could not fail.

+X would not work, my file extracted from the dtx has no x bit, I though X would
only extend an existing x bit.

Jean-Francois